What do we do?
We are a very active group and:
- own Goytre House Wood Reserve near Abergavenny
- have a programme of outdoor meetings and indoor winter meetings/talks
- publish an annual report of bird sightings and activities
- periodically publish an Atlas of Breeding Birds in Gwent
- participate in species surveys, and encourage others to take part through our web site
- have a library available for members at Goytre Hall, venue for our indoor meetings
- educate the public about the importance of birds, and the importance of protecting their habitats
- monitor local populations of breeding and migratory birds.
To find out more about Gwent Ornithological Society, visit our website here
Annual membership of Gwent Ornithological Society is £15, and £12 for juniors.